- India’s economy has seen off the worst and the government didn’t want to talk shortcuts to give it an artificial sugar rush, noting that sluggish private investments were a continuing blowback from before the time he took office.
- We have a culture dating back thousands of years. We have seen some imbalance in our society…we have to intelligently take our society out of this imbalance. This is a social problem. It is deeply rooted. Politics on social imbalances is disservice to society, to all those who have faced injustice for generations
- All those self-appointed guardians who were trying to create tension in the country did not like this. That Modi is with the Dalits. That Modi devotes himself to tribals. I am devoted to the development of all Dalits, oppressed, underprivileged and deprived. Those who see this as an obstruction to their politics are the ones creating trouble. And this is why they are levelling baseless allegations. All those who have fed this country the poison of caste divide have destroyed this country. They must stop giving political tones to social problems. We must go forward with a purpose
- There will be elections in five states in coming days and Uttar Pradesh is one of them. As far as the BJP is concerned, we will fight on development issues only. Our focus will be welfare of farmers, villages, jobs for the youth and we will stay committed to the cause of social justice. Our focus will be to maintain peace, unity and brotherhood in our country. We will take steps in these regards and move forward
- There was no atmosphere of vote-bank politics in last general elections, there was an atmosphere of development politics. After 30 years, people of section of our society unitedly voted for a majority government. An entire section of our society has made a shift. It’s possible that the people of UP will do a similar thing for betterment of UP, they will vote keeping development in their mind
The full interview will be broadcast on CNN-News18 tonight @9 PM