Imagine you are driving through your city in a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T, that reaches and acceleration of 0-100 kms/hour in mere 5.8 seconds and has a top speed of about 220 km/hour. Well, the thought just makes adrenaline rush through your veins and get set to go burn some rubber and be part of some Fast and Furious action.
Sony PIX will quench your thirst for some high speed action and make sure you STAY AMAZED with the seventh instalment of the Fast and Furious movie franchise. Get set for some jaw dropping action with Dominic Toretto (Vin Diese), Brian O’Conner (late Paul Walker) and the rest of their family on 19th June 1:00 pm & 9:00 pm.
The movie goes out with a bang and gives a touching tribute to the late actor Paul Walker. Amidst all the noise and the action lies the ferocity of friendship as we see the entire family re-unite. Fast & Furious 7 features gravity-defying stunts giving rise to a number of exciting and well-choreographed fight sequences with some stunning car chases. It’s a bittersweet feeling for the fans on seeing Paul Walker on screen again.
Directed by James Wan and written by Chris Morgan, the action packed Furious 7 stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris Bridges, Jordana Brewster, Kurt Russell and Jason Statham. The movie is the highest grossing film in the Fast n Furious franchise and is Universal Pictures’ highest grossing film of all time in India. The film has grossed over $1.5 billion worldwide, making it the highest-grossing film in the franchise after just twelve days, the third highest-grossing film of 2015
Speaking about this, Saurabh Yagnik, Executive Vice-President and Business Head, English Cluster of Channels, Sony Pictures Networks India says, “In 2015, ‘Fast & Furious 7’ was amongst the top 3 Hollywood theatrical releases generating revenues amounting to USD 1.52 billion worldwide. For a blockbuster of this magnitude, we’ve adopted a 360 degree marketing approach which includes a TV & Print plan, innovative outdoor and an engaging social media campaign. Apart from Fast & Furious 7, we have movies like Jurrasic World & Minions up next, both having crossed the billion $ mark worldwide. This is truly a very amazing year for Sony PIX.”
Facinating Facts about Furious 7
- Top Bollywood actresses made sure word got around that they’d auditioned for the latest Fast and Furious movie. From Deepika Padukone and Sonam Kapoor to Kangana Ranaut and Chitrangada Singh are believed to have put themselves on tape for the part that eventually went to British actress Nathalie Emmanuel of Game of Thrones
- Bollywood actor Ali Fazal, made the cut out of Bollywood celebrities who were in talks for a role in the film. Interestingly, Ali had auditioned for the role on phone and had sent across the video clip for selection. He was selected and joined the cast of the team
- Studio hired four actors with bodies similar to Paul’s physique and using his face and voice with the use of CGI, completed the film. But finally it was revealed that Walker’s brothers Caleb and Cody took his place in the film
- One of the most epic car sequences in Furious 7 shows a red car making a dramatic leap from one tower to the other and then another.The stunt which was gravity-defying and seemed unrealistic is actually possible to execute considering the Lykan’s 750 HP of power and the distance between the two towers and wind resistance
- Furious 7 was one of the highest grossing movies in 2015 with revenues close to INR 160 Crores
Tune in to Sony PIX on 19th June at 1:00pm & 9:00pm as ‘Furious 7’ leave you hungry for more action.