Tata Power Delhi Distribution’s (Tata Power-DDL) communication campaign SAATHI has won the Gold Award under the ‘Best use of Social Innovation’ category at the prestigious ‘2017 CMO Asia Social Media & Digital Marketing Excellence Awards.’ The award was presented by Ms. Indira Parikh, Ex-Dean, IIM Ahmedabad to Mr. Siddharth Singh Head Corporate Affairs, Communication & Administration, Tata Power-DDL, at the ceremony held at Le Meridien, Singapore.
The SAATHI campaign highlighted the role Tata Power-DDL is playing in the lives of over a million people through focussed social innovations initiatives for women and youth empowerment, upliftment of SC&ST Communities, health care facilities and climate consciousness. The campaign helped in amplifying the reach and effectiveness of the initiative resulting in a substantial increase in the awareness levels among the target group. The increase in the number of beneficiaries taking advantage from the various programs like Women Literacy Programs, Adult Literacy Centres, RO Water Plants (installed at various locations across the companies area of operations), students participation in the Energy Club program bears the testimony to the effectiveness of the campaign. The campaign has also helped and encouraged the residents of the JJ (Jhuggi Jhopdi) Clusters to opt for legal connections by learning and experiencing the benefits associated. The significant reduction in the AT&C loss levels in the areas from 68% to 15% and increasing the billing over a period of a few years reflect how on-ground efforts coupled with simple and customised communication can lead to business sustenance for over all good.
Tata Power-DDL’s Saathi : An all-weather Friend to JJ Dwellers
- Every year more than 20,000 women become literate through Tata Power DDL’s 350 Women Literacy Centers ; till date more than 66,000 women have attained the power of knowledge.
- Every Year over 4,000 boys and girls become self-independent by learning various trades at the company’s 18 skill development centers.
- Every year over 87,000 slum residents get free medical facilities through company’s Sanjeevani Program
- More than 1,92,000 people are getting clean drinking water through Tata Power-DDL’s 45 Any Time RO Water Plants installed at JJ Clusters, Delhi Govt. Schools and Delhi Metro Stations
- So far, Tata Power DDL’s Energy Club’s initiatives more than 2,83,000 students have been sensitized on the issues of energy conservation and climate change
- Till date Under Tata Power-DDL’s Affirmative Action Program, educational support and scholarships to over 6,000 students belonging to SC&ST communities have been provided. Each year 1,500 students get benefitted from it.
The 360 degree campaign was launched across various platforms including company’s Social Media channels, Out-of-Home (OOH) Hoardings and Posters, Print Media, Special feature on News channel.
Commenting on the recognition, Mr. Praveer Sinha, CEO and MD, Tata Power-DDL, said, “The award-winning initiative SAATHI was planned to spread the awareness of the various Social Innovation initiatives across the length and breadth of our distribution network. The philosophy of SAATHI (an all-weather friend) has a potential to influence the role which a utility can play in transforming of lives of the underprivileged section of their consumer base by focussing on social innovation beyond their core business. We are thankful to CMO Asia for recognizing our initiative and believe it provides a great platform where one can not only showcase their work but also compete with the best in the communication industry.”
“CSR Communication is a challenging domain. While addressing the marginalized section of the society we have to develop customized content, create informative yet simple collaterals and devise innovative and effective reach out mediums. Through Saathi campaign we instilled a sense of pride among beneficiaries and involved them in the communication process. All this is a must for a sustainable CSR communication blueprint as the larger aim is to create lasting impact and achieve desirable results of social endeavours.” said Mr. Siddharth Singh, Head – Corporate Affairs, Communications & Administration, Tata Power-DDL
CMO Asia Awards are awarded in partnership with the CMO Council and hosted by the World Brand Congress and recognize organizations for their branding, client and employee level communication initiatives combined with consistent innovation and strategic marketing. The awards are judged by an independent, hi-calibre jury of professionals from across Asia in various categories.